May 2

banning plastic bags- against

I don’t think the supermarkets should have banned plastic bags. I think they have tried to distract people from their bad decision by bringing in stikeezs and re-usable bags. Also when you forget your bags you just have to pay more money to buy more bags so personally I think none of it really makes a difference.

First of all I think that they should not have banned plastic bags because they just started to bring in little shops, stikeezs and tiles while they were making the decision to ban plastic bags. So basically they were just making more plastic plus the re-usable bags. Have you ever realised how much plastic they use when they are doing stikeezs, little shops and tiles? Because if you think about it is actually more than you think.

My other reason is when you forget your bags you just buy more and waste more money on buying bags and it could make a big difference. At the moment some have said as few as 3 percent of reusable bags are actually being reused so how does that make you feel and people are spending 11 million dollars every year on re-usable bags. And also if you buy too much bags you eventually will have too many bags and you won’t want to chuck them in the bin because otherwise they might go into the sea. You don’t want that to happen, right? And when people complain about pollution they still make lots of it when they are making the reusable bags and everyone thinks that it has actually made a difference when it hasn’t.

My third reason why I think they should not have banned plastic bags is because now that they have brought in reusable bags people like using them so much that they take them everywhere and then they leave them at the beach and other places. This then then causes a similar amount of pollution to that caused by the old plastic bags. Therefore it doesn’t really make a difference to the environment.

Now overall these are some of the main reasons why I think they should not have banned plastic bags. They brought in stikeezs and all that sort of stuff and then also when people forget their bags they just have to buy more and it creates more plastic and wastes your money. Last but not least people crave their reusable plastic bags and then they take them everywhere and forget them. So that is why I think that they should not have banned plastic bags.

Posted May 2, 2019 by sophie's something blog in category Uncategorised